Biotechnology R&D Center
Biotechnology R&D Center
On top of R&D for natural and synthetic active materials for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals,
our Biotechnology R&D Center also conducts research on formulation for product upgrades and customer satisfaction.
Natural Substances Research
This section of research separates and purifies useful components from the various natural resources such as animals,
plants, marine life and microorganisms, explores their chemical structure and new bioactivity, and develops vital materials with various effects.
- - Development of materials using safe raw materials
- - Differentiated application of raw materials by applying traditional Korean medical methods and bioconversion technology
- - Optimized manufacturing technology by utilizing various extraction methods
- - Utilizing purification and separation technology
Analysis Application Research
This section of research studies about the separation, structure analysis, quantitative analysis, and physical and
chemical features of natural substances, organic chemicals, and biomaterials.
- - Development of raw material specifications and test methods
- - Determination and analysis of the index components of natural substances
- - Other analysis necessary for clinical study
This section of research explores the usefulness of functional substances existing in nature, synthesizes new
substances with increased bioactivity through molecular design by Structure-Activity Relationship (SARs),
and develops whiteners, antioxidants, anti-aging agents, and new emollients.
- - Synthesis of new substances using material conversion technology (organic synthesis, bioconversion, and glycomics)
- - Synthesis of skin-whitening agents, antioxidants, anti-aging agents, and new emollients
- - Manufacturing functional polysaccharides through the modification of natural polysaccharides
SK Bioland develops various formulation solutions in order to provide customers with superior products having high
stability and user convenience.
- - Development of solubilization and stabilization technology to provide convenience in using materials with higher biological activities
- - Development of distinctive formulation using natural materials
- - Provision of guide formulation for the effective application of materials.
New Natural Medicine Research
SK Bioland has been developing new natural medicine for dementia and diabetic complications since 2006.
The effectiveness of new Natural medicine candidate, BL153, for Alzheimer's disease is now under evaluation by clinical study.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
SK Bioland has established GMP technology at a global standard and has been developing various APIs that can advance into the international market. Based on this technology, Bioland is playing the role of a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) at the level of the ICH Q7 Guideline.
- - Establishment of raw material management system at an advanced level
- - Approval and introduction of APIs (Development of manufacturing process and optimization)
Bioactivity Mechanism Research
Based on advanced research technology accumulated over years, Bioland studies about the bioactivity mechanism of natural active agents and develops an alternative test method using 3-D artificial skin so as to satisfy global cosmetic R&D requirements.
- - Examination of various effects such as whitening, anti-aging, antioxidant, and atopic dermatitis
- - Development of alternative test method using 3-D artificial skin
- - Establishment and practice of anti-stress and hair growth evaluation method